NEWS FROM THE WEEK
Modi Govt’s focus on formalisation and modernisation of Indian economy; PM chairs National Ganga Council meeting & more!
Govt’s focus is on formalisation as well as modernisation of Indian economy: PM
Addressing the centenary celebrations of ASSOCHAM, PM Modi said the government is building the Indian economy on two strong pillars of formalisation and modernisation. He said ‘Ease of Doing Business’ may sound just like four words, but in order to improve its rankings there is a lot of effort that goes into it including changing the policies and rules at the ground level.
Ganga rejuvenation should embody a shining example of cooperative federalism, says PM Modi
Chairing the first meeting of the National Ganga Council in Kanpur, PM Modi said Ganga is the holiest river and its rejuvenation should embody a shining example of cooperative federalism. The PM urged for a holistic thinking process where ‘Namami Gange’ evolves to ‘Arth Ganga’ or a sustainable development model with a focus on economic activities related to Ganga.
World is eager to know Gandhi, says PM
President Ram Nath Kovind, PM Antonio Costa of Portugal and PM Modi attended the second meeting of the National Committee of 'Gandhi@150'. PM Modi said the world today is eager to know Mahatma Gandhi and hence it becomes India’s responsibility to keep reminding the world of the abiding relevance of Gandhi Ji and his vision.
- PM Modi meets Portuguese PM, discusses broader roadmap for strengthening bilateral relations
- We want to be India’s gateway to Europe: Portuguese PM Costa
- 2+2 dialogue: US, India discuss terrorism, sign industrial security agreement
- Govt approves ₹436 crore for digital upskilling of IT workforce
- Govt launches National Broadband Mission; to invest ₹7 trillion in 4 years
- BrahMos achieves another ‘Make in India’ success! Missile test-fired with major indigenous systems
- Isro’s PSLV turns money-spinner: Forex earnings rise by Rs 90 crore in ’18-19
- Narendra Modi hails armed forces for India’s victory in 1971 Indo-Pak war
- India Inc back in hiring mode, posts 21% growth in November: TimesJobs RecruiteX
MUST WATCH VIDEO